RECIPE FOR DEEP FRIED FISH
700 gms steaks with bone fish
Salt To Taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/4 cup fresh green coriander
6 green chillies
4 - 6 cloves garlic peeled
3/ 4 cup plain yogurt
oil for deep frying
How to make deep fried fish :
- Cut fillets into pieces that are about 5-6. 5 cm long and 4 cm
- Spread the pieces out in a single layer in a large plate and
sprinkle with about 1/3 tsp of salt and 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- Turn the pieces over and repeat with another 1/3 tsp of salt and
1 tbs of lemon juice. Set the plate at a tilt and leave it tilted
for 2-3 hours.
- As water accumulates at one end, discard it. Put the green
coriander, green chillies, garlic, 1/4 tsp of salt and tbsp of water
into the blender.
- Blend until you have a paste. Empty the paste into a deep dish or
shallow bowl. Put the yogurt into another deep dish or shallow bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp of salt to the yogurt and mix it in. Set the oil to
heat in a wok, karhai or frying pan over a medium flame.
- When very hot, dip 2 or 3 pieces of fish, first in the yogurt and
then in the green paste to cover thoroughly and then put them in the
- Fry for about 5 minutes, turning the pieces over once, until the
fish is cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Fry all the pieces of fish this way.
- Serve the fried fish hot with green chutney.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...