STUFFED EGGS RECIPE
4 eggs (hard boiled)
1 tbsp ghee / oil
1 tbsp chopped onions
3 tbsp cooked ground / minced meat
Salt To Taste
1 green chili (chopped)
1/2 tsp ginger (grated)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
1 egg (beaten)
1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
1 lemon juice
breadcrumbs for coating
12 pieces of liver (fried) for garnishing
Oil for deep-frying
- Heat the oil / ghee in a frying pan and fry the onions till
- Add the meat, salt, chili, coriander, ginger, tomato paste and
lemon juice and fry for about 5 minutes.
- peel the shell and cut the hard boiled eggs into half lengthways.
- Take out the yolks and add to the frying mixture.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and remove from the heat and allow to
- Stir the corn flour into the beaten egg, making a batter.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a flat dish.
- Fill the meat mixture into the yolk cavity ( hole from
where yolk is separated) of each egg half, cover with another half
to make complete egg shapes.
- Dip the stuffed egg into the egg and corn flour batter and roll
over the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a kadhai / deep-frying pan over a moderate heat and
fry the stuffed eggs until golden all over.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve garnished with fried liver, coriander leaves and with
chutney or sauce.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...