CHICKEN & HAM LOAF RECIPE
2 cup cooked and diced Chicken
1 Sandwich Loaf
5 tblsp Butter
2 chopped Onion (Pyaj)
200 gms thinly sliced Mushrooms (Goochi)
1 tsp chopped Parsley (Ajmod)
1 cup diced Ham
1/2 cup diced Bacon
1/4 tsp Thyme
To taste Salt (Namak)
To taste Pepper (Mirchi)
How to make chicken & ham loaf top:
- Cut a 1" slice off the
of the loaf.
- Pull out the soft bread from inside.
- Use for making bread crumbs.
- Leave 1/2 " inner lining of bread to preserve this shape.
- Melt 4 tblsp of the butter.
- Spread this on to the loaf inside and out.
- Replace the lid and place the loaf on baking tray.
- Bake it for 10 minutes at 400 F.
- Let it cool.
- Cook the onions in the remaining butter.
- Combine mushroom and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Mix in the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine together the bacon, ham and 3 tblsp of bread crumbs.
- Stir in thyme and season to taste.
- Press half ham mixture well down into the loaf case.
- Cover with onion and mushroom mixture.
- Place chicken on
and cover it with the onion mixture and a layer of ham mixture.
- Replace the lid.
- Wrap the loaf in foil.
- Bake it in oven at 375 f for 45 minutes.
- Cut into thick slices.
- Serve hot or cold.