SHAMI KABAB RECIPE
500 gms minced Mutton
1meduim sized chopped Onion (Pyaj)
5 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch) chopped
100 gms Bengal Gram (Chana) soaked overnight
10 pods Garlic (Lasan / Lahsun)
1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1 " long piece Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
1 " long piece Ginger (Adrak)
6 Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
4 Red Chillies
Clarified Butter (Ghee)
How to make shami kabab:
- Boil minced meat in 3 cups of water and a teaspoonful of salt
till water is absorbed and meat is tender.
- Grind meat into a fine paste.
- Take garlic, cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, ginger,
peppercorns, red chillies and soaked gram dal and grind into a fine
- Mix both the pastes well.
- Now mix well beaten eggs and prepare a uniform dough.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and onion to dough and mix
- Shape the dough into small round flattened balls or kababs.
- Heat ghee and deep fry kababs till golden brown and serve hot
with sauce or chutney.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...