SHAHJEHANI MURG MASALA RECIPE
1 Chicken cut into cubes
A pinch of Nutmeg (Jaiphal) Powder
1 cup fresh Cream (Malai)
1 tsp Poppy seeds (Khus-Khus)
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (Dhania)
15 Cashewnut (Kaju) crushed
10 Almond (Badam) blanched and crushed
2 Onion (Pyaj) chopped
3 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
6 Garlic (Lasun) pods
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
6 tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
How to make shahjehani murg masala:
- Roast little cumin, poppy, fenugreek seeds and grind into powder.
- Heat ghee, fry onions and garlic till it is brown.
- Add chicken and fry.
- Now add powdered masala, salt , coriander powder, bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add cream, 1/2 cup hot water and cook till water dries.
- Add garam masala, nutmeg and cardamoms.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Take off from the fire and serve hot with nan or chapattis.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...