MICROWAVE ZAYEKEDAR ARBI
1/2 kg. Arbi, peeled and halved lengthways
1" piece ginger grated finely
4-5 cloves garlic - ground
1-2 green chillies - finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp ajwain - crushed roughly
Salt to taste
5 tbsp thick curd
1 tsp besan (gram flour)
1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
1 tbsp mint leaves - chopped
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala & amchoor
- Choose even sized arbi and make sure that it is not too thick.
- Peel, slit into four pieces lengthwise.
- Rub 2 tsp. salt on it and keep aside for about 20 minutes or
- Wash well and strain and wipe with cloth. Place arbi in a flat
dish and add ginger, garlic, chillies, lemon juice, ajwain, salt and
- Now take a pan and add 1 tbsp. of oil and sautee the arbi for 4
minutes Beat curd with a spoon in a small bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix..
- Sprinkle the dahi mix on the arbi and again mix .
- Micro high covered 6 minutes. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with a little lemon juice.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...