GARAM MASALA-MAHARASTRA STYLE RECIPE
4 dried whole Chili pods
2 tblsp Sesame seeds (Til)
11/2 tblsp Green Pepper corns
11/2 tblsp White Pepper corns
1/4th cup whole Cloves (Lavang)
3-4 Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
22 Black Cardamom pods (Elaichi)
2/3rd cup Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1/4th cup Coriander Seed (Dhania)
2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
1 tsp ground Ginger (Adrak)
1 tblsp Ground Nutmeg (Jaiphal)
How to make garam masala-maharastra style:
- Roast all ingredients in a dry pan (preferably non-stick) and heat over a very low fire, shaking the pan time to time.
- When the spices give off the fragrance allow to cool slightly.
- Then grind finely in an electric grinder.
- If electric grinder is not available, grind by hand and press through a fine sieve afterwards.
- Store it in an airtight container for upto 3 months.
- Make sure you always close the lid tightly after use.