1 tbsp Lemon juice
2 big size Mangoes, puréed and strained
1 Egg white
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tblsp Cream, whipped
How to make
- Put sugar and 1¼ cup water in a heavy-based saucepot and stir to dissolve.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Stir mango purée into syrup and pour out into a shallow metal container.
- Cover the mixture freeze the mixture to the slushy stage.
- Turn semi-frozen mixture into a round dish and cream well.
- Return the mixture to the container, cover and freeze until just becoming slushy again.
- Turn out into the round dish and cream well.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold cream and then the egg white into the mango mixture, spoon back into the container, cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the sherbet to the refrigerator.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...