MANGO POTATO CUCUMBER SALAD
Salt and ground Black Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Orange juice
5-6 Potatoes, boiled
2 Firm Mangoes
2 tblsp Fresh Lemon juice
1/2 Red Bell pepper, seeded
1/2 Green Bell pepper, seeded
2 tblsp Minced Ginger
1/4 cup Chopped Mint
1 tbsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Powdered Ginger
1 tsp Powdered Mustard seeds
2 tbsp Cumin seeds
1-2 Black Cardamom
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
How to make
mango potato cucumber salad:
- Place the cumin, paprika, coriander, black cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and mustard in a small pan, and heat over medium heat until the first tiny wisp of smoke appears.
- Allow to cool, then grind in a grinder.
- Set aside.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise and cut the halves into half-inch slices.
- Peel and pit the mangoes and cut the flesh into bite-sized chunks.
- Cut the red and green bell peppers into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cucumbers, mangoes and bell pepper.
- Add the orange juice, ginger, lemon juice, mint and 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture.
- Toss well, season to taste with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...