1/2 cup lime juice
Pinch of salt
4 lb Ripe mangoes
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tblsp unflavored gelatin
2 egg whites
1/2 cup heavy cream
How to make
- Peel the mangoes, sliced the flesh off the seeds, and puree in an electric blender with the lime juice, being careful not to over -blend.
- There will be 5 cup of puree.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water, cool, and stir into the mango puree.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until they stand in peaks.
- Whip the cram until it is stiff.
- Fold the cream into the egg whites, then fold this mixture gently into the mango puree.
- Pour into a big size serving dish, or into individual dishes, and chill in a freezer for 2 to 3 hours, or until set.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...