CHICKEN IN GREEN MANGO
450 gms Chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
2 tbsp Corn Oil
4-5 Curry leaves
1 tsp Ginger Pulp
300 ml Water
2 Green Chillies, cut
2 Medium Onions, sliced
1 Medium Green Mango, peeled and sliced
1 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Pulp
1 tsp Coriander powder
2 tbsp cut Coriander
2 Medium Tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp Onion seeds
How to make
chicken in green mango:
- Place the chicken cubes in a round dish and add the onion seeds, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, salt and coriander powder.
- Mix the spices into the chicken and add half the mango slices to this mixture as well.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the oil and fry the sliced onions until golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Gradually add the chicken pieces, stirring all the time.
- Pour in the water, lower the heat up and prepare for about 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the water has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining mango slices, tomatoes, green chillies and fresh coriander and serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...