KOHLAPURI RASSA RECIPE
2/3rd cup Curd (Dahi) / plain Yogurt
2 tsp minced Ginger (Adrak)
2 tsp minced Garlic (Lasun)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
To taste Salt (Namak)
For Curry :
11/4th lb trimmed and cubed Lean Lamb
2 Onion finely chopped (Pyaj)
1 chopped Tomato (Tamatar)
3 cup grated fresh Coconut (Nariyal)
1-inch piece of Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
6 Cloves (Lavang)
8-10 crushed Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
1 tsp Aniseed (Saunf)
2/3 cup Oil
How to make kohlapuri rassa:
- Mix all marinade ingredients and add lamb pieces.
- Stir well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tblsp oil in a heavy pan and add cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and aniseed.
- Saute for a minute and add onions and fry till golden and add coconut.
- Saute until brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir and take off from the heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind the mixture in a processor.
- Heat the remaining oil and add marinaded lamb pieces and marinade mixture and add little water, cover and cook until done.
- Now add the grinded mixture and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...