GARLIC TOMOTA SOUP
6 medium sized Tomatoes
2 cloves Garlic
10 gm Gelatin powder
2 Bay leaves
½ tsp crushed Pepper Corn
½ tsp Mixed herbs
Salt to taste
4 tblsp Port wine (optional)
2 tsp skimmed Milk Yogurt
2 tsp Lemon juice
4 sprigs fresh Mint
How to make garlic tomota soup:
- Wash and finely chop the tomatoes. peel garlic and crush. soak the gelatin quarter cup cold water and keep.
- Cook the tomatoes in a saucepan along with the crushed garlic, bay leaves and cook the tomatoes in a saucepan along with the crushed game, bay leaves and crushed pepper corn for about five to six minutes or until soft.
- Remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for twenty minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, puree the mixture and pass through a sieve.
- Stir in the mixed herbs, salt and wine. whisk the skimmed milk yogurt and mix into the tomato mixture.
- Heat the gelatin lightly on a double boiler to dissolve and add to the tomato mixture. mix in the lemon juice and stir well.
- Pour this into small ceramic pots for individual serving. refrigerate for threat to four hours to set. do not freeze.
- Serve chilled in the same pot garnished with sprigs of fresh mint.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...