CABBAGE APPLE DELIGHT RECIPE
1 sliced Red Cabbage (if not available then normal cabbage)
2 meduim sized sliced Apple (Sabe)
1 meduim sized chopped Onion (Pyaj)
1/2 cup Vinegar
4 Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
1/2 " Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
2 Cloves (Lavang)
1 tsp Oil
1 tblsp Fine Wheat Flour (Maida)
1/2 Litre Water
Lemon Juice to taste
Salt to taste
Artificial Sweetner to taste
How to make cabbage apple delight:
- Heat oil in a teflon-coated pan.
- Saute onion for a little while.
- Add apples and cook for a few minutes.
- Add sweet-n-low, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon, vinegar, salt, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped cabbage, cover and cook on a low flame.
- When it's done, just before serving, add flour, stirring continuosly to avoid lumps.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...