GUAVA JELLY RECIPE
1 1/2 kgs Guavas (Amrood)
6 cups Water
1/2 tsp Citric acid
How to make guava jelly:
- Wash and cut guava into thin slices and cook with water until very soft.
- Put this mixture in a coarse cloth and allow the juice to drip through into a bowl
- underneath and leave it for 12 hours.
- Do not squeeze the bag.
- Use the mixture in the bag for guava cheese.
- Measure the juice and add 3 cups of sugar to each pint of juice.
- Heat the sugar, guava juice and stir until it is dissolved.
- Strain the juice, add lemon juice and cook on a hot fire until setting point is reached.
- Cool and pour into airtight jars.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...