PYAZ KI KACHORI RECIPE
For the dough:
2 cups Maida (Plain Flour)
1/4 cup melted Ghee
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups finely chopped Onions
1 tsp Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
2 tsp Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
2 Bay Leaves
1/2 tsp finely chopped Green Chillies
2 tblsp Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
2 tsp Dhania Powder (Coriander)
2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
3 tblsp Chopped Coriander
2 tblsp Oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
How to make pyaz ki kachori :
- To prepare the dough combine all the ingredients in a bowl and
knead into a semi soft dough using water. Keep it for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and keep them covered under
a wet muslin cloth.
- For the onion filling heat oil in a pan.
- Add the kalonji, saunf, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and
saute till the onions turn light brownin color.
- Add the besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and
salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide into 12 equal parts and keep aside.
- To make kachoris roll out each portion of the dough into a 2 inch
- Place one portion of the filling in the centre of the rolled
- Surround the filling with the dough by slowly streching it over
- Seal the ends tightly and remove excess dough.
- Roll each filled portion into a 2 1/2 inch diameter circle taking
care to ensure that the filling does not spill out.
- Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil over a slow flame till fgolden
- The kachoris should puff up like puris.
- These kachoris take a long time to be cooked in the inside too.
- Serve hot with tamarind
chutney and hari
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...