Onion Dosa Recipe
Here's a scrumptious, crispy dosa recipe with lots of onion. Learn how to make onion dosa.
3 cup rice (chawal)
1 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi)
400 gm potato(alu)
200 gm onion (pyaj)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
oil as required
1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
How to make onion dosa:
- Soak rice, dal and dana methi for 6 hours.
- Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
- Add salt to it and leave it covered for 12 hours for
- Peel potato and cut into small pieces.
- Chop onion into long pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and crackle rai and curry leaves.
- Then fry onion in it until it turns light brown.
- Now put alu, 1/2 tsp salt, lal mirch, haldi in it.
- Fry for 2 minutes and remove it from the flame. Keep it aside for
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the
whole of the pan.
- When cooked spread onion mixture on it.
- Grease all the corners with oil.
- Roll and remove it from the flame.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth
before making each dosa.
- Serve them hot with hot sambhar and chutney.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...