MUTTER ( MATAR) PARATHA RECIPE
2 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
11/3 cup Maida
1/2 tbsp Salt
1/3 cup Butter or Ghee
11/3 cup Warm Water as needed
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Fresh Ginger
1-3 Green Chilies Minced
1/4 tsp Asafetida Powder (hing)
21/2 cup Cooked & Coarsely Mashed Mutter (Green Peas)
2 tsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp Red chili Powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Jaggery (gur)
Finely chopped coriander
Butter / Oil for frying
How to make mutter paratha:
- Make dough out of flour (atta),maida, salt and ghee as you would
do for any paratha/roti 30 minutes before and cover it with wet
muslin cloth and keep aside.
- For stuffing heat oil in a kadhai over moderate heat. Toss in
ginger and green chilies.
- Fry until ginger starts turning brown, then drop asafetida. A
few seconds later add the peas.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool. Divide the mixture
into 10 equal portions.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati
and cover it with the second one. Seal the edges so that mixture
doesn't come out.
- Now roll it slightly. Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (flat griddle
- Turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter. Spread it on the
paratha and shallow fry over low heat. Turn it and again pour oil or
butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till golden brown.
- Serve mattar parantha hot with yogurt (curd) and your favorite
chutney or with pickle.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...