11/3 cup Flour (Maida)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
3 tbsp Melted Ghee
1/2 cup Warm Water or as needed
Ghee for deep frying
- Blend the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Rub the melted
ghee into it and gradually using enough water to make a stiff but
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead dough a little again. Dough should be stiff enough to roll
without extra flour.
- Make small balls of the dough and cover them with damp cloth.
- Take one ball of dough and dip a corner of ball in melted ghee or
oil and roll it out into 5 to 6 inches round. Repeat the same
process to roll out all pooris.
- Heat plenty of oil in a kadhai until very hot. Put in a luchi
and immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a
spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
- This should take only a few seconds. Flip the luchi over and cook
the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with curries or vegetables.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...