Murg Badami Recipe
Murg badami is chicken made from cream and almonds and garnished with chopped almonds.
1 medium Chicken
2 nos. Sliced onions
15-18 nos. Almonds
2 tsp Poppy seeds
1 tblsp Ginger-garlic paste
2 small sticks Cinnamon
8 nos. Black peppercorns
4 nos. Cloves
4 nos. Cardamoms (green)
2 nos. Bay leaves
1/4 cup Curds
2 tblsp Fresh cream
2 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
3 tblsp Ghee
How to make murg badami:
- Chop the chicken into 8-10 pieces. Blanch and slice the almonds.
- Soak the poppy seeds in hot water for 35 minutes and grind to a
fine paste with the cashewnuts.
- Grind the cinnamon, pepper, cloves, cardamoms and bayleaves to a
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the ginger-garlic paste and
turmeric powder for 35 minutes.
- Heat ghee and fry the sliced onions till they are crisp.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt and garam masala powder.
- Saute till ghee leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the beaten curds and saute for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add 2 cups water and cook till chicken is nearly done.
- Add the cashewnut-poppy paste and beaten cream. Simmer till the
chicken is tender.
- Top with chopped almonds and serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...