Khatti Arbi Ka Salan Recipe
Khatti arbi ka salan is easy to make. Arbi pieces are put in curry made from tomatoes and onion and then tamarind paste is added.
Colocassia (arbi) 250 gms.
Oil 3 tbsps.
Onion (sliced) 1
Curry Leaves 8-10
Green Chillies 2-3
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp.
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp.
Tomatoes 3 medium
Salt to taste
Tamarind Pulp 2 tbsps
How to make khatti arbi ka salan:
- Peel and slice onions. Chop tomatoes, de-seed and chop green
- Soak tamarind in lukewarm water for 15 minutes and squeeze out
- Boil Arbi in salted water till tender, peel, slice the bigger
ones into two pieces if desired.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions till golden brown. Add
curry leaves, chopped chillies, ginger garlic paste and sauté
for a few minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder and sauté for 3-4 minutes
on a low heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are completely
- Add the arbi and cook for 2 minutes pour one cup of water and
salt, cook for2-3 minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Hyderabadi paratha.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...