Learn how to make hyderabadi ghazala.
1/2 kg Mutton
1/4 kg Green chillies
1/2 cup Curds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 cup Ghee
1 kg Onions
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic paste
3 cups Water
1 bunch Coriander leaves
4-5 tblsp Lemon juice
As per taste Salt
How to make ghazala:
- Grind half the green chillies and mix with curd, turmeric powder,
salt and coriander powder.
- Slit remaining green chillies and fry in ghee or oil till they
- Remove chillies from oil and keep aside.
- Fry onions in the same oil till they are a light golden brown.
- Add mutton and stir fry till well browned, and the juices are
- Simmer till water has evaporated.
- Add ginger, garlic and curd and 3 cups water.
- Cook together on low heat with a cover on the saucepan till
mutton is tender.
- Add coriander and chillies and continue to simmer till it is well
cooked and the ghee/oil comes to the surface.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Serve hot, preferably with roti.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...