Dum Ka Murgh Recipe
Here is a recipe for murgh or chicken made in microwave. It gets it hyderbadi flavour from the saffron and poppy seeds.
Chicken 1 kg
Cinnamon 2 stick inch
Green Cardamom 6 nos
Black Cardamom 6 nos
Cloves 4 nos
Poppy Seeds (khus Khus) 1 tbsp
Cashew Nuts 1 tbsp
Sunflower Seeds (chironji) 1 tbsp
Onion Browned 1 cup
Green Chillies 3 nos
Mint Leaves 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste 1 tbsp
Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
Yogurt 1 cup
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Saffron 4-5 strands
Coriander Leaves 1 tbsp
Ginger (juliennes) 1 inch
Lemon 2 nos
Rose Water 1 tsp
Mint Leaves few for garnish sprigs
Oil 2 tbsps
How to make dum ka murgh:
- Crush together cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves, black
- Soak khus khus, cashew nuts and chironji in warm water and then
grind to a fine paste.
- Grind browned onions, 2-3 green chillies, mint leaves and water
to fine paste.
- Take whipped curds and add cashew nut paste, ginger paste, garlic
paste and mix well. Then add salt, red chilli powder, onion paste
and mix again. Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add saffron dissolved in water, finely chopped coriander leaves,
ginger juliennes, lemon juice and freshly crushed garam masala and
- Add rose water and mix.
- Let it marinate for half an hour.
- Transfer into a microwave ovenproof glass bowl. Cover with a lid
or cling film on which make 2-3 holes.
- Cook in the microwave at micro high for 10 minutes. Lower the
power to half and cook for another 10
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...