I-LOVE-YOU SCONES RECIPE
1/3 cup Milk
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt (Namak)
1/2 cup sliced Almond (Badam)
1/3 cup garnulated Sugar (Cheeni)
1/4 cup Applesauce
2 tblsp melted Butter or Margarine
1 tsp Almond Extract
2 cup all-purpose Flour (Atta)
4 1/2 tsp Strawberry or Raspberry Preserves
Powdered Sugar (Cheeni)
How to make i-love-you scones:
- Grease a cookie sheet..
- Slightly beat egg in a bowl..
- Pour in milk, applesauce, butter and almond extract..
- Pour in all the remaining ingredients except preserves and powdered sugar just until moistened..
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto cookie sheet..
- Shape into heart shapes using fingers dusted with flour..
- Make small holes in center of each heart using a spoon..
- Place 1/2 tsp of the preserves in each hole..
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 400 f till golden brown, it will take about 12-15 minutes..
- Take out from the oven..
- Drizzle hearts with powdered sugar while warm..
- Serve warm..