BLACK AND WHITE HEARTS RECIPE
1 cup Butter (softened)
3 cup all-purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
3 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 tblsp Shortening
How to make black and white hearts:
- Mix butter, cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla in bowl..
- Mix with mixer at medium speed till it is light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and beat till blended well.
- Divide dough in half.Cover each half with waxed paper.
- Let it freeze for 2 hours till it is firm.
- Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough with lightly floured heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place cutouts of 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake it in a preheated oven to 375°f till edges are lightly browned, it will take about 8-10 minutes.
- take it out of the oven onto wire racks.
- Let it cool completely.
- Over low heat melt chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan.
- Dip half of each heart into melted chocolate.
- Place it in a refrigerator on cookie sheets or trays lined with waxed paper until chocolate is set.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.