Mushroom Masala Recipe
Mushroom Masala is a dry dish and excellent
combination to be served with roti and chapati.
2 medium finely chopped onions
2 medium chopped tomatoes
1/2 lb. diced mushrooms
6 slit green chili peppers
1 small stick cinnamon
1 teaspoon red chili pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves (crushed methi leaves)
How to make mushroom masala:
- Warm oil, add cloves and cinnamon. When oil simmers, add onions.
- When onions turn brown, add garlic paste, red chili powder,
cumin, and turmeric powder mixed in a little water with salt to
- When the masala is thoroughly fried, and oil comes up, add
tomatoes and green chili peppers.
- Stir thoroughly, then add diced mushrooms. Cook on low heat for
- Garnish with dried crushed fenugreek leaves for a delicious
flavor. Serve with chapattis or puri.
- Serves: 6
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...