A very much liked recipe of Chandrakla. It is a very
popular dessert dish.
Maida (refined flour)- 1 cup
Rava (semolina)- 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Milk - for making the dough
Mava - 50 gms
Powdered sugar - 2 tblsp
Almonds - pistachios -chashew (sliced)- 1/4 cup
Elaichi (powdered cardamom)- 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Kesar (saffron strands)- a few
Kesari colour (saffron colour) -a little
For the garnish :
Almonds & pistachios
How to make Chandrakla :
- Make a soft dough of maida, rava, ghee and milk.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Sieve mava and roast it for 3-4 minutes in a kadai.
- Cool it.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom, almonds, pistachios, cashews and
- Make 15 round pieces of it.
- Divide the firstly prepared dough into 30 portions and roll them
out into small puris.
- Stuff one piece of mava preparation between two such puris.
- Seal the edges by pressing them lightly and make any design at
- Fry these pieces in hot ghee till crisp and light brown in
- Set them aside to cool.
- Make a sugar syrup of one-string consistency with one-fourth cup
of water simultaneously adding the kesar and kesari colour.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...