Chana Dal Banana Kheer Recipe
Learn how to make chana dal and banana kheer or
1 cup chana dal (8 ounces)
1 medium size ripe banana
saffron to taste
cardamon powder to taste
sugar to taste
1 can evaporated milk
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons ghee
dry coconut flakes for garnish
cashew nuts and raisins to taste
How to make chana dal banana kheer :
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in pan on medium heat.
- Add raisins and cashew nuts and roast lightly.
- Set aside for garnish. Boil chana dal and 2 cups milk until dal
is over cooked (soft) so that it can be mashed.
- After this mixture is mashed, add evaporated milk, remaining
milk, saffron, cardamon powder and sugar to taste.
- Add the cut banana pieces and boil all of this together to the
desired consistency, stirring constantly to prevent milk from
cooking over sides of pan.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
Serve hot or cold.
- Serves: 4-6