SEMIYA PAYASAM RECIPE
A preparation of milk and vermicelli sweetened with sugar.
1 cup Vermicelli
3/4 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
A pinch Saffron
1 cup Milk
3-4 Cashew nuts
How to make semiya payasam:
- Saute the vermicelli in ghee till it turns brown.
- Boil water in another vessel..
- Put vermicelli in boiling water and cover it, stirring occasionally.
- After the vermicelli becomes soft, add the sugar stirring continuously.
- Dissolve in the milk and add this to the vermicelli.
- Powder the cardamom and add it to the mixture.
- Flavor the desert with fried cashew nuts and almonds.
- Simmer the vermicelli for about two minutes. Your delicious payasam is ready to be served .