PARIPPU PAYASAM RECIPE
A lip smacking desert prepared of coconut, jaggery and broken wheat
250 gms Parippu (Green gram dal)
Coconut milk from 2 coconuts
250 gms Jaggery
2 tblsp Ghee
handful Cashew nuts, Raisins
How to make parippu payasam:
- Clean the dal and saute it in ghee till light brown.
- Boil the fried dal in water till it is cooked.
- Make a thick solution by heating jaggery with some water .
- Take milk from the coconut thrice. Keep the thick milk taken 1st, aside.
- Add the third milk and the second milk with the jaggery solution to the boiled dal .and simmer on a low flame till thick.
- Finally add the first milk and simmer it for a while.
- Season it with fried nut, raisins.
- Stir well and remove from fire immediately