CELERY PAYARU THORAN RECIPE
6-8 sticks Celery chopped
1/2 cup Green moon (cherupayar) cooked to 3/4th
3/4 cup Grated coconut
1/4 Chopped onion
6-7 Green chillies chopped
2-3 Dried red chillies
2 cloves Garlic
1 small piece Ginger cut into julian strips
1 tsp Mustard
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tblsp Oil
How to make celery payaru thoran:
- Grind the garlic and cumin together coarsely into a thick paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard to it and let it splutter
- Add to it the garlic paste and fry it for few seconds.
- Put ginger, chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, red chillies and fry it.
- Add the celery and coconut and cook it till the celery is half cooked.
- Add the cooked cherupayar and simmer it for some time on low heat till everything is cooked.
- Add salt to taste .
- Serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...