ROSEMARY RED PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tblsp cold water
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 medium sliced red pepper
1 1/2 tblsp cornstarch
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tsp dried rosemary
Salt to taste
250 gms Turkey Spicy Sausages, skinned
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to make rosemary red pepper chicken:
- In a cooker, combine onion, red pepper, garlic, rosemary, and oregano.
- Crumble sausages over onion mixture.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer over sausage.
- Sprinkle pepper and pour in vermouth.
- Cover, and cook on low setting for 5 to 7 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to a warm, deep platter, and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to High, and cover.
- Cook until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes) while stirring.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...