BAKED POTATO SOUP RECIPE
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
14.5 oz chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 large baking potatoes, baked
3 tblsp sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped onion
12 oz evaporated milk
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make baked potato soup:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for one to two minutes
or until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from one potato and mash them.
- Add pulp to the broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just
comes to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potato and add to soup.
- Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onion.