TIL POLI RECIPE
Indian til poli is made by stuffing sesame seed mixture in dough and frying it. Learn how to make Til Poli.
2 cups cleaned white sesame (til) seeds
2 cups grated jaggery (gud)
1 1/2 teaspoon powder of cardamoms (elaychi)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (jayphal) powder
1 1/2 cups flour (maida)
Oil for shallow frying
How to make til poli:
- Add oil and salt to the flour and knead the dough.
- Cover it with a moist cloth so it remains soft.
- Roast the sesame seeds so that they become golden brown.
- Cool them and on adding jaggery pound them well.
- Add cardamom and nutmeg and mix.
- Now take the dough and make balls.
- Make holes in the balls to fill sesame seed mixture.
- Now take the sides up and seal the balls.
- Put little oil on the rolling board press them to make round shape disks.
- Now fry them till they become crispy and golden brown.