Indian ghathia is made by frying strips of wheat dough. Learn how to make crispy ghathia.
1/2 kg Wheat(gehun) Flour
11/2 cups Water (paani)
1/2 tsp Ajwain
2 tbsp Oil (tel)
Oil for frying as required
Salt(namak)as per taste
How to make ghathia:
- Add oil, ajwain and salt to the flour and mix.
- Add cold water and knead the hard dough.
- Make a roll of the whole dough and make round flat chapatti.
- With the help of a knife cut long strips.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan on high flame.
- Pour these strips in the oil from the edge of the pan.
- When golden brown and crisp, remove from the oil with the help of a sieve.
- Pour on the tissue paper so that excess oil is soaked.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...