Indian chivda is made by frying sago and mixing dry fruits. Learn how to make sweet-salty chivda.
1 cup sago (poha)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts without skins(mungphali)
1/2 cup almonds/cashews (badam/kaju)
1/4 cups raisins (kishmish)
1 cup potato sticks (available at most supermarkets in the Snack section)
5 green chillies(hari mirch) chopped
1 tsp lemon salt
2 tsps sugar(chini) coarsely powdered
Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil(tel) to deep fry.
How to make chivda:
- As sago will be deep-fried therefore we need a deep-bottomed frying pan.
- Put oil on medium heat.
- When oil is ready, add sago. It will puff immediately.
- Drain the oil from sago with the help of a sieve and put it over tissue paper
- Fry all sago let the tissue paper soak extra oil from them.
- Now, fry green chillies, kadhi patta, alomonds and cashews.
- Add raisins and the fried ingredients to sago with salt and grounded sugar.
- When cooled keep it in an air tight containers.
- Use it as snacks with tea.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...