Ram Ladoo Recipe
Ram ladoo is a wonderful snack item. Ram ladoo is prepared from mixer made from yellow lentil and Bengal gram. For this special spicy and tangy green chutney is prepared and finally topped with grated raddish. Learn how to make ram ladoo.
Ingredients for ram ladoo :
1 cup yellow lentil (dhuli moong dal)
1/2 cup Bengal gram (chana dal)
1/2tsp red chili powder
1 green chili (chopped)
Salt to taste
1" Ginger grated
1 tblsp chopped green coriander
Oil for deep frying
1 coursely grated radish
Some Rock salt (Kala namak)
Ingredients for green chutney :
100 gms coriander leaves
100 gms mint leaves
1 tsp mango powder
Salt to taste
2 garlic pod
2 green chilies
1 inch ginger piece
1/4 tsp rock salt
How to make ram ladoo:
- Method for making laddu
- Wash the dals and soak them separately for 3-4 hours. Remove the water completely and put them in a grinder to make a course paste. Keep adding little amount of water while grinding to get a course paste. Make sure you do not grind it to a fine paste.
- Mix both the lentils in a bowl and beat them together till the mixture gets fluffy and light. The color of the mixture will change from yellow to white in color. The mixture should have a dropping consistency so as to make round balls. A simple consisteny check - drop a small ball of beaten dal mixture in a bowl full of water if it floats up to the surface it means the mixture has desired consistency.
- Now add salt,red chili powder, green coriander, ginger and chopped green chilies to the mixer with a light hand.
- Take oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, reduce the flame. Now take out 1 tsp of batter with wet fingers, give it a round shape and gently put it in the oil. Place as many as possible at a time.
- Fry these balls on medium flame until they turn golden in color.
- Place an absorbent paper on the plate and take out the ram laddu on it.
- Method for making green chutney
- Take all the ingredients of the chutney in a mixer and grind them into a fine paste of dripping consistency.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Serving : To serve place 5-6 fried ram ladoos on a small plate and put some grated radish on them and pour the green chutney on top. Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle some rock salt and serve with a toothpick.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...