Namakpara is a popular holi recipe. It made from
flour dough cut into strips and then deep fried. Good thing about
namakpare is that it can be stored for 2 -3 weeks.
1 cup flour (maida)
1cup semolina (Suji)
41/2-51/2 tblsp lwater
2 tbsp beaten curd
3 tblsp ghee
¾ tsp Salt or to taste
Oil for deep frying
How to make namakpara:
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, ajwain and melted ghee till the
mixture takes the form of breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl combine beaten curd with water. With this
mixture knead a tight dough out of the flour salt mixture.
- Cover this dough with a wet cloth piece for ½ hour.
- Make balls of the dough and roll them into a ¼ thick flat
bread of the size of a medium pizza.
- Now with the help of a knife cut vertically and then into
horizontally to get diamond shaped strips.
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Fry these strips in small batches over
medium flame till they are golden crisp.
- Drain out the excess oil and place them to cool on tissue paper.
- Fry all the strips in the similar manner and then store namakpare
n an airtight container.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...