Mawa Gujiya Recipe
Here's a delicious sweet dish recipe that can be
enjoyed at Holi time and can be stored for a longer time. Learn how to
make mawa gujiya. Here is the recipe for mava gujiya.
2 1/2cup refined flour (maida)
250 gm thickened milk (mawa)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
10-12 almond (badam)
10-12 raisins (kishmish)
clarified butter (ghee) for frying
How to make mawa gujiya:
- Fry thickened milk in a pan until it turns light brown and then
remove it from the flame.
- Grind sugar to a powder.
- Finely chop almonds.
- Mix sugar, almonds, raisins, cardamom powder and thickened milk.
- Keep in mind that sugar is to be added only when thickened milk
- Add 5 tbsp ghee in thickened milk and knead into hard dough with
- Make small rounds of it and roll them into small chapattis.
- Take 1 tbsp thickened milk and spread on the chapattis.
- Put some water on the corners so as to seal them and then press
them with your fingers.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and deep fry all gujhiyas at low flame
from both the sides.
- Take them out and store the mawa gujiyas.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...