Mattar Ki Kheer Recipe
This is an unusual recipe of mattar ki kheer. Green
peas kheer is rich in protein and is full of various nuts.
Shelled green peas - 1 cup
Milk - 11/4 litres
Sugar - 1 cup
Green cardamom - 1 tsp (powdered)
Pistachio nuts - 7-10
Green cardamoms - 20-25 (crushed)
Raisins - 20-25
Ghee -1/2 cup
How to make green peas kheer:
- Boil green peas until tender. Refresh in cold water and grind to
a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan, add the green peas paste and
cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire and keep it aside.
- Boil milk and add it to the cooked green peas paste. Bring to a
- Cook on a slow flame for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until the
milk is reduced to half.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder, raisins and sliced pistachio
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes on a slow flame, stirring constantly.
- Serve chilled.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...