Masala Mathri Recipe
Mathi is popular Indian sytle tea time snack. Stiff dough is kneaded from all purpose flour and wheat flour adding various spices to it and then deep fried.
2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (crushed between palms)
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp coriander seeds (coarse powder)
1 tsp fennel seed (coarse powder)
1 tsp cumin seed (coarse powder)
1/4 tsp asafetida
Salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee (Clarified butter)
Warm water for dough
How to make masala mathri :
- Sieve together all purpose flour, wheat flour and salt.
- Take a big mixing bowl, add all purpose flour mix along with black pepper powder, crushed fenugreek leaves, coriander seeds, cumin seed and asafetida.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add smoking hot ghee to it.
- Mix them well and with the help of luke warm water make a stiff dough like we make a dough for poories. Cover it and rest for 15 minute.
- Knead it slightly and make small balls from the dough.
- Roll them into small thick poories. Pierce them with the help of fork.
- Fry them in hot oil on medium flame till golden brown in colour.
- Drain them on paper towel.
- Serve with hot tea or coffee.