Gathiya is a popular tea time snack. It is made of
gramflour strips deep fried. Here is how to make gujarati gathiya.
1/2 kg gramflour (Besan)
Salt to taste
Pinch of soda bicarbonate
Oil for frying
How to make gujarati gathiya:
- Seive the besan, soda bicarbonate and add salt to it.
- Now add enough oil to the besan and salt mixture that it start
forming rough balls.
- With water knead a tight dough and then cover it with a wet cloth
piece and keep it aside for 1/2 hour.
- Now heat oil in a kadai.
- With the help of a gathiya maker drop gathiya in the heated oil.
- Fry till golden crisp.
- Drain excess oil and soak them on tissue paper. Let them dry in
- When cool store them in a airtight container.