1 tsp garlic (lasan) paste
5 cup mutton stock
1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
1/2 cup ghee
1/2 tsp black pepper (kali mirch)
2 cups tomato (tamatar) puree
salt (namak) to taste
2 medium onion (pyaj) sliced
20 green chilies
1 tsp red chili powder
1 kg meat
1/2 kg wheat (gehun)
How to make harissa:
- Soak the wheat in water for seven to eight hours.
- In a wide pot mix in wheat, salt and 1 1/2 liter water and stir fry it on medium flame till tender.
- Take another pot, mix in meat, salt, whole green chilies, ginger, garlic paste, red chili powder, black pepper powder and tomato puree and stir fry it till soft.
- When the meat is soft then use a chopper to obtain haleem like consistency.
- Then mix in soft wheat up and stock and stir fry the mixture till it is thick.
- Heat up oil in a pot and fry the onions till golden brown, pour out it on the harissa.
- Serve it with lime, cut green chilies, cut ginger and garam masala powder.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...