1 kg Pork
5 small Potato (Aloo)
2-3 Cloves (Lavang)
4-5 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
2-3 Green Cardamoms (Elaichi)
3 Green chilli (Hari mirch)
1 tsp Sugar (Cheeni)
2 large Onion (Pyaj)
4 tblsp Vinegar (Sirka)
1 small stick Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
1/2 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1 tsp Coriander Seeds (Dhania)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
3 Garlic (Lasun) Cloves
1/4 tsp Ginger (Adrak) Juliennes
6 Red chilli (Lal Mirchi)
How to make pork vindaloo:
- Make a fine paste of the ginger, garlic, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and the cinnamon with malt vinegar.
- Heat little oil in a pressure cooker and fry the potatoes (halved) till they are evenly brown in colour.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Fry sliced onions, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms and green chillies till the onions are transparent.
- Add the ground paste and saute till oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the pork and pressure cook till almost done.
- Remove the lid, add the potatoes and 2-3 cups of water.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add vinegar and simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with steamed rice or bread.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...