HIPPITY HOP BUNNY CAKE RECIPE
mixed candies for garnish
8 oz cool whip
2 1/2 cup coconut
red edible color
2 - 9" round cake layers
How to make hippity hop bunny cake:
- you should begin with tinting 1/4 cup of the coconut pink using red food coloring.
- then cut 1 cake layer in such a way that a half circle shape on each side of the cake (for the ears) is made. do not forget to leave a bow tie shape in the center of the cake. the bow tie shape should be about 1 1/2" wide at the widest part.
- you are supposed to leave one layer whole. this whole cake layer should be arranged in the center of the cake platter.
- you need to be careful while placing it so that the half circle shapes on the top point up for these will make the bunnies ears.
- next you should place the remaining piece at the bottom of the whole cake layer, as this would make the bow tie.
- frost with whipped topping
- for decorating the cake you can sprinkle pink coconut over center of bunny's ears and bowtie and white coconut over bunny's head and outer edge of ears and bowtie.
- candies could be used for eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...