EASTER PECAN PRALINES RECIPE
2 cup pecan halves
4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tblsp butter
2 cup heavy cream
How to make easter pecan pralines:
- take a medium sized saucepan and butter it well.
- pour the cream into it and place the saucepan over high heat.
- the moment mixture begins to boil, add sugar to it and stir rapidly so that it dissolves completely.
- later stir in more ingredients like vanilla and pecans and continue to cook over medium heat. do not forget to stir frequently.
- soon the mixture would reach the soft-ball stage (236f on the candy thermometer).
- then only you need to remove it from heat.
- after removing from heat quickly beat it in the butter. the beating would cause the candy lose its glossy color and become cloudy.
- now you should lay out a long strip of waxed paper on a work surface.
- do so and moisten it with a damp towel.
- you are supposed to pour good-sized spoonfuls of the hot praline mixture onto the waxed paper.
- don’t forget to stir the mixture occasionally as you go along. this would help it keep well combined.
- make sure that you remove the pralines from the paper before they get completely cooled otherwise they will be hard to remove.
- the recipe should be stored in tightly sealed containers with layers of waxed paper in between.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...