EASTER EGG BASKETS RECIPE
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
1/8 tsp black pepper
3 tblsp chopped onion
3 tblsp milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, divided
4 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
How to make easter egg baskets:
- set the oven to heat to 350°f to preheat it.
- then begin with taking 6 tortillas and brushing them all with melted butter.
- after brushing allow them to stand until pliable. it could take about 5 minutes.
- next step is to gently ease the buttered tortillas into 6 small custard cups.
- now it is time to shape the handles. for this you need to cut each of 2 remaining tortillas into 3 (1-inch) strips in such a way that it makes 6 strips in all.
- one more you should brush the strips with remaining butter.
- now invert 6-cup muffin pan and place tortilla strips around bottom of each muffin cup.
- after that you need to bake both, the tortilla baskets and handles. bake them for 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- when baked properly remove the baskets and handles to wire rack and let them cool.
- meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat so that it is crisp. do not forget to stir occasionally.
- after cooking remove the bacon from skillet and set aside.
- next step is to pour off the entire but 1-tablespoon bacon fat from skillet.
- then add bell peppers and onion to the skillet.
- you should cook and stir it until it is crisp-tender.
- after that whisk together these ingredients… eggs, milk, salt, hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
- add this mixture to the already prepared vegetable mixture in skillet.
- again cook and stir it until eggs are set.
- next, stir in bacon.
- now divide the prepared egg mixture evenly among 6 prepared baskets.
- finally place handle in each basket.
- the yummy baskets are ready so be served warm.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...