CHOCOLATE EASTER EGGS RECIPE
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
mixed colored candies
1 cup walnuts chopped
5 1/4 oz chocolate pudding
1 lb powdered sugar
5 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
How to make chocolate easter eggs:
- you will need melted butter. so take a 3 qt. saucepan and melt butter into it.
- when the butter is melted stir in pudding mix and blend until it gets smooth.
- you should gradually stir in milk.
- you need to cook this mixture over medium heat and keep stirring constantly.
- a little later the mixture will get very thick and start boiling.
- when it is sufficiently thick it will leave the sides of the pan and then remove the saucepan from heat.
- then you should add to it powdered sugar and vanilla. mix well until smooth and stir in walnuts.
- you should allow the mixture cool so that it is stiff enough to hold its desired shape.
- so the moment the mixture is stiff enough shape it into 12 eggs, using about 2 t. for each.
- now place them on the waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 min.
- after 30 min. you need to dip each egg in cooled chocolate and place them on a cooling rack over waxed paper.
- finally it is time to arrange marshmallow flowers over the eggs. but make sure that you do it before the chocolate sets.
- marshmallow flowers
- firstly cut mini marshmallows in thirds crosswise.
- then dip cut side of each piece into colored sugar.
- in order to resemble flowers you need to arrange 5 pieces, sugared side up, on each egg.
- store in the fridge.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...