CHOCOLATE CHERRY EASTER COOKIES RECIPE
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 ea egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
48 ea cherries, keep the juice
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
4 -5 tsp cherry juice
How to make chocolate cherry easter cookies:
- begin with stirring the following ingredients into a large bowl… flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- stir all these together into the bowl.
- take another bowl and beat into it butter and sugar until it is fluffy.
- then you need to add egg and vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and again beat well.
- later also add dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until the mixture is well blended.
- once the dough is ready you should shape it into 1-inch balls.
- place these small balls on non-greased cookie sheet. make sure that you don’t forget to push down center of each ball with the thumb.
- now it is time to drain cherries and reserve juice.
- you need to place 1 cherry in center of each indentation.
- then let the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- for frosting you should take a small saucepan and put chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk into it.
- next step is to heat the saucepan until chocolate into it melts. stir in 4 teaspoons cherry juice. if you find it too thick you can add more juice to it.
- finally spoon 1 teaspoon frosting over each cherry. you need to spread it in such a way that it covers the cherry entirely.
- you should bake it about 10 minutes or until done.
- lastly, remove it to the wire rack and let it cool.
- you will see the cookies freeze nicely.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...