Learn how to make matar mushroom. Here is a very delicious and tasty recipe.
1 1/2 cup green peas (matar) shelled 200 gms mushrooms (goochi) fresh 2 tblsp oil 4 green cardamoms 1" cinnamon 2 large onions 1 tblsp ginger (adrak) paste 1 tblsp garlic (lasan) paste 1/2 cup tomato (tamatar) puree 1 tblsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder 1 tblsp coriander powder 1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder 1 tsp garam masala powder salt (namak) to taste 1/2 cup cashewnut (kaju) paste
How to make matar mushroom:
- Clean, wash and cut mushrooms in quarters.
- Cut onions finely.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai. mix in green cardamom, cinnamon stick and cut onions and stir fry until light golden brown.
- Mix in ginger paste, garlic paste and stir fry for half a minute.
- Mix in tomato puree, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and stir fry till oil leaves the masala.
- Mix in cashew nut paste dissolved in one cup of water, stir well.
- Add a cup of water, bring it to a boil and then mix in green peas and mushrooms.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Stir fry on low heat up for five minutes.
- Serve hot with naan and roti.